- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
What is functional rehabilitation?
It is a strategy involving evaluation and performance of rehabilitation exercises that mimic real life. With this a patient will be able to return to their work, activities of daily living, or competition sooner and with better mechanics to improve performance and prevent future episodes of pain. Methods used in functional rehab include:
Tissue sparing techniques
◦ to prevent further injury
◦ to prevent aggravation of your condition
◦ reduce the strain placed on the spinal joints through effective bracing and muscular support (core strength)
◦ improved athletic performance through effective power transfer and a decrease in wasted movements
Training proper movement patterns
◦ decrease strain placed on joints and connective tissues including the interveterbral disc
◦ reduce the risk of future aggravations
◦ get you back to work (& play) faster
|Monday||9 am - 1 pm||3 pm - 6 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 1 pm||3 pm - 6 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 1 pm||Closed|
|9 am - 1 pm||Closed||9 am - 1 pm||Closed||9 am - 1 pm||By Appt.||Closed|
|3 pm - 6 pm||Closed||3 pm - 6 pm||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Dr Thompson has helped my 16 year old daughter she had back problems from her school bag an he saw her an with in first visit she was smiling from pain being gone he's the best.. Dr Thompson has also been there for my husband whom has had several broke ribs in multiply wrecks. We can call him no matter what time day or night an he's always there to help he's a god sent angel he will fit u into his office if ur in pain or like my husband always popping a rib out your the best..dr. Thompson